* This Top Hat Mr. Peanut Ice Bucket is probably from the mid-century period, and one of the less common Mr. Peanut collectibles.
* The iconic Mr. Peanut first entered the limelight in 1916 when he was born to the Planters' Peanut Company, that was founded in Wilkes-Barre, PA in 1906. His 100th birthday will be in a few more years.
* It measures 8 1/2 in tall (not including the finial on lid) and ~11 in wide across the brim of the hat. The opening is ~7in. Covered in black vinyl, the interior is white plastic and the exterior base is black plastic. The lid is clear lucite with a gold-tone finial and plate. All in black, Mr. Peanut graces the front standing ~3 1/4 in tall.
* Being approximately 50 + years old, this ice bucket has survived remarkably well. There is a small 3/4 in separation along the brim's seam that could be professionally repaired. Also the finial and plate have some wearing of the gold-tone. (See pictures) However, overall the piece is in very good condition.
* Great rare gift for the collector!
International buyers, please convo me for shipping quote. Thank you.