How Information is Collected and Used
- We hate spam as much as you do. We never sell or disclose your name or e-mail address to third parties.
- RETROphoria collects personal information when you register with RETROphoria to use RETROphoria services or to post content on RETROphoria. When you register with us, we ask for your email address and a password that will secure your account.
- If you would like to obtain a seller account, we will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- RETROphoria automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and your page requests.
- RETROphoria uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting. IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with RETROphoria. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including: to diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP; to estimate the total number of users visiting RETROphoria from specific geographical regions.
We will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for our services. Receipt of this email is required for using our services.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use RETROphoria products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the RETROphoria service. RETROphoria uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you "sign in"; keep track of preferences you specify while you are using RETROphoria's services. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
As part of the buying and selling process on RETROphoria, you will obtain the email address and/or shipping address of other RETROphoria members. By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users' personal information that you obtain through RETROphoria or through an RETROphoria-related communication or RETROphoria-facilitated transaction, RETROphoria hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for RETROphoria-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. RETROphoria and our users do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add an RETROphoria user, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
Bulletin Boards / Chat Rooms
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
You can change your RETROphoria Account Information (except your username), at any time. We may send you certain communications relating to the RETROphoria service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your RETROphoria account. You can delete your RETROphoria account at any time from your account page; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in RETROphoria's records for some period.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Your RETROphoria Account Information is password-protected. In certain areas, RETROphoria uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on your member account page or by emailing our Customer Support using the contact form on RETROphoria web site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.