* Handcrafted copper and enamel footed ashtray by the famous Russian born artist, Sergei S. Nekrassoff, who settled in the United States in 1925 with his craft of artisan metalwork.
* Nekrassoff works have international fame and are highly sought by collectors. Sergei retired in 1979 and died at the age of 90 in 1985.
* Sergei used wooden molds for the initial stage of creating his pieces. Then he hand hammered them until he created the desired shape. Enamel was then overlayed by Sergei and the pieces were fired.
Once cooled, additional polishing was done and sometimes lacquer was applied.
* Green enamel dominates the interior of the ashtray and the center is accented with a white enamel. The enamel shades are still quite vivid.
* The top opening is ~ 4 inches wide to include the outer edge of one of the cigarette holders. It stands ~ 2 inches high. Three copper balls make up the feet.
* The ashtray is in excellent vintage condition and is most probably a midcentury piece of late 1940s. It has not been cleaned or polished. Orignal finish still present.
* Beautiful display piece! Will be happy to provide any additional photos.